Fotomaan

Little bear on 6x9

Playing with my Horseman VH.
    Film is ORWO NP15 expired 1992
    Fujinon W 180

ORWO NP15 1992

M.A. Wikstrom

Re: Little bear on 6x9

I have the same camera. Mostly use it for landscapes with Mamiya RB 6x7 backs. Much nicer to carry than my 4x5, especially when flying to the location. Roll film is easier to deal with too.

Fotomaan

Quote Originally Posted by Axelwik View Post
    I have the same camera. Mostly use it for landscapes with Mamiya RB 6x7 backs. Much nicer to carry than my 4x5, especially when flying to the location. Roll film is easier to deal with too.
    I just started with this camera and became really enthusiastic.
    Actually I like to go out making landscapes and city views but because the prosthesis in my hip is causing me problems I'm temporarily immobile. So ....
    I never thought of going to 4x5 because my enlarger is up to 6x9. Making more photo's in less time, not so much to carry and the benefit of a larger format made me decide to go for a Horseman VH.
    With 4x5 lenses there is also no problem when tilting or shifting.
    So I'm happy as can be

M.A. Wikstrom

The only issue I've had with mine is that because it's a smaller format I have to be careful to select premium quality glass. Some of the older lenses for 4x5 won't be as sharp - not as noticeable on 4x5, but noticeable with medium format.

My current lens lineup for this camera: Horseman Super ER 65mm with its factory-supplied Horseman recessed board (its hard to impossible to find a recessed board for any other short lens such as a Super Angulon), Schneider APO Symmar 100mm - it's a very sharp optic that covers 6x9 (won't cover 4x5), and a Nikkor W 180mm on an extended lens board. The 65 is a biogon design with little to no distortion - really great lens. The other two are also very good.

I've also found the Horseman reflex viewer very useful.