Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon Workshop May 18, 19 and 20, 2018. PhotoCentral, Hayward, CA

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Carbon Workshop May 18, 19 and 20, 2018. PhotoCentral, Hayward, CA

Vaughn have a great time. I wish I could come down to assist like the last time. I’ll need to decompress from my show in Astoria. The facilities are great with plenty of space for may workshop participants. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Both Geir and Kate are incredible people and photographic artists (and book creators/editors). Creating and maintaining the growth of PhotoCentral has been a labor of love for both of them for the past 35 years.
    Couldn't agree more, in addition they are doing a good job supporting traditional photographic processes.

Our workshop is going very well -- some challenges, some errors, but that is how folks learn...while I do not encourage people to make mistakes, trouble-shooting is a great way to get to understand a process. The last workshop I gave here, I was getting worried -- everything was going so smoothly the first day! The second day some mistakes were made and we found ways around them.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Our workshop is going very well -- some challenges, some errors, but that is how folks learn...while I do not encourage people to make mistakes, trouble-shooting is a great way to get to understand a process. The last workshop I gave here, I was getting worried -- everything was going so smoothly the first day! The second day some mistakes were made and we found ways around them.
    Vaughn,

Congratulations, and hope all continues to go well. The essence of personal growth involves creative solutions to the mistakes and challenges that are always involved in learning something new. Sounds like a perfect experience to me!!

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon