Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photographing children on private property

photographing children on private property

My family is currently undergoing terrorism, including, but not limited to, threats, harrassment, physical assault, battery, and now, photography of my small children.

With all due respect, given that the 'terrorism' includes (but is not limited to) threats, harrassment, physical assault, battery, why do you see the photography of your children as the threat that puts this over the top?

And why, when your family is being threatened, are you asking for advice on what to do on what is not only a photography forum, but one which specializes in photography done with large format cameras?

You need to hire a bodyguard, or an agressive, adversarial lawyer, or (my preference) both. What you don't need is bad legal advice from a group of people who are sympathetic but otherwise not really able to help.

TROLL?

Absolutely a troll. Those people who feel their children are threatened by a camera (especially after having suffered 'terrorism'!) and call the cops just for that, are illiterates who believe in alien abductions and regularly spot Elvis too. They don't post to Large Format photo lists; wouldn't know how to, even if their life (or that of their children) depended on it.

Picture the headlines: "Photographer ate my baby".

Ouch, bee flowers, you do have quite a sting? Until your family is going through what we are, I think you should keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. I ended up on this site, when I was searching for the legal aspects of photographing children. And, it isn't just the photographing my children that "put me over the top". However, it is a part of the case. I was just asking. I f you can't empathize, don't respond.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

I remember when Tanya Harding grabbed a minicam and started filming all of the reporters who were filming her. They didn't like it one bit! I suggest you do the same, which at a minimum will document the harrassment.. (Besides what everybody else said, it's time for a lawyer!)
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Bee graced the old PN Leica forum too. What a nice heart warming place that was...

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Is the "terrorist" using a large format camera? If not, why ask here?