Thread: service manual/information required for Cambo Dps tripod

service manual/information required for Cambo Dps tripod

Hi,
    I have just acquired a Cambo DPS tripod and would like any information members here might have on how to maintain it. A service manual would be ideal but probably unlikely at this stage.
    I will be using it in studio for art reproduction photography. For me it is the affordable version of a studio stand and was bought mainly for its geared centre column for precise vertical adjustment of camera to artwork.

A couple of immediate questions:
    Lubrication. The aluminium leg extenders have a very thin film of black grease which is not ideal in the studio. I was wondering if a dry ptfe lubricant would suffice. Or none at all

The vertical aluminium extender column appears to be air damped and rotates within the geared central column with some resistance, is it designed to rotate or will I damage something by making it do so? (when the locking lever is released of course!)

I am assuming the air damping is achieved with some kind of O-Ring seal or similar is there a way to lubricate this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: service manual/information required for Cambo Dps tripod

Don’t know a thing about that tripod but some have leather cups like a bicycle pump to create air cushions which protect your gear

The leather dries out and needs oil or grease.

Re: service manual/information required for Cambo Dps tripod

Hi Randy, useful information thank you. I will know what to look for when I open it up. Seems to be in good enough shape though, air damping is still working.