Thread: Cambo Legend Rail Clamp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cambo Legend Rail Clamp

My Cambo Legend 8X10 is pretty cumbersome to take out in any definition of "the field", so it lives in
    the basement or, when I get really energetic, on our main floor.

As an established house pet, it turns mostly to portraits and still-life pictures, normally needing longer
    bellows and rail extensions.

What I've been using is a shooting pod, which is a light monopod with a cradle atop, to support the rail;
    it's a very light field tool that I used to use for rifle practice in winter.

There are actually some rail clamps available, which we can find on auction
    Any ideas on a reasonable alternative clamp-type thing that can mount on a tripod, and brace a Legend rail?
    Last edited by Dan O'Farrell; 29-Apr-2018 at 16:37.

Re: Cambo Legend Rail Clamp

I have the Master, which uses the same special rail. I think it is too heavily built to use as you suggest.

It is considered bad form to link to on-going auctions. Perhaps you can find a completed listing instead?

I'm not certain but I think I remember someone using something like a Manfrotto Super Clamp in lieu of the original rail clamp.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Dan O'Farrell View Post
    My Cambo Legend 8X10 is pretty cumbersome to take out in any definition of "the field", so it lives in
    the basement or, when I get really energetic, on our main floor.

As an established house pet, it turns mostly to portraits and still-life pictures, normally needing longer
    bellows and rail extensions.

What I've been using is a shooting pod, which is a light monopod with a cradle atop, to support the rail;
    it's a very light field tool that I used to use for rifle practice in winter.

There are actually some rail clamps available, which we can find on auction
    Any ideas on a reasonable alternative clamp-type thing that can mount on a tripod, and brace a Legend rail?
    You may be talking about the Manfrantto Magic Arm and Multi Clamp. The clamp attaches to tripod leg and the Magic Arm helps hold up the extra weight helping support the extra length of rail.