Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Price Increase

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Ilford Price Increase

I just read about this on apug: https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...3-2018.159015/ The new price for 8x10 Delta 100 will be $161 - up from $114 - supposedly effective Monday, 16 April. It's currently out of stock at B&H with "more on the way" and I put 2 boxes in the cart at the old price which B&H will honor if this is not a hoax.

Thomas

Re: Ilford Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    I just read about this on apug: https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...3-2018.159015/ The new price for 8x10 Delta 100 will be $161 - up from $114 - supposedly effective Monday, 16 April. It's currently out of stock at B&H with "more on the way" and I put 2 boxes in the cart at the old price which B&H will honor if this is not a hoax.

Thomas
    The new price listing is the MSRP, NOT what retailers actually sell for. At $161. that would be an ideal markup for the retailer, but none of the retailers I know sell for MSRP. I bought a box of FP4+ in 8x10 today and was told by the merchant that the price hike would result in perhaps another $5 or $7 added to current prices. So don't panic. You are not going to be paying $161 for a box anytime soon.

The spreadsheet that was linked in the PHOTRIO post includes the dealer net prices too. But even that's not the end of the story - most of the films are indicated as being eligible for a rebate program which is presumably volume-based.

We'll find out for sure soon enough, but I think it's realistic to expect percentage increases in the range that Paul has mentioned just above.

According to the spread sheet for 35mm Delta 100 36 exp:
    DP100, 35MM, 36 EXP* 019498780622 10 100 S $6.30 $9.69
    The dealers price is $6.30 and the MSRP in $9.69. The current price on B&H is $6.95.

I wasn't planning on buying film when I got home this afternoon but I am down to the last 18 sheets of Acros so if I save $10 or $90 this is a good time to order it. Ilford's notice is dated Friday, 13 April and B&H closes early on Fridays so they might not have had a chance to react to it yet.

Thomas

...I am down to the last 18 sheets of Acros so if I save $10 or $90 this is a good time to order it.
    ? ? ?

ACROS is a Fuji product, not an Ilford product.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Ilford's notice is dated Friday, 13 April and B&H closes early on Fridays so they might not have had a chance to react to it yet.
    The cover letter from Harman says that the dealer price increases are effective April 16th, and the spreadsheet is dated for the same. Each retailer will have its own policy as to whether it will apply the increase to current stock or wait until they need to reorder at the new price.

I
    Just noticed that B&H raised the price for Delta 100 from $109.95 to $136.95 a box so I ended up saving about fifty bucks on the 2 boxes I ordered. Still have 6 sheets of Acros remaining. I'm going to miss Across but it won't be so bad with the Fisker hole punch.

Thomas

Unfortunately, it has been expected since March 2017, when Kodak increased price.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...Pricing-Thread
    Sadly, Ilford photographic Paper prices also increased.
    Regardless number of sheets per box, Per sheet 4X5 prices:
    Arista Ortho(3.9X4.9): $0.27
    Shanghai(direct if the below offer still valid): $0.92
    Arista Edu: $1
    Fomapan100: $1
    Shanghai(ebay): $1.15
    Pancro400: $1.25
    FP4+: $1.46
    HP5+: $1.5
    Delta100: $1.6
    Ilf Ortho: $1.8
    TMx: $2
    RPX: $2
    TXP: $2.4
    TMY2: $2.6
    Of course, the recent increase of Ilford prices(Paper & Film), will increase also instability of the whole market film prices.
    Expect to say goodby to a $1 per sheet era soon!
    If that happened, while we still see revival of photography since few years, it means an irreversible declining of the whole market.
    As we all go older with time, become unable to carry LF kit, need the money for our health or children, I think it's advisable to keep a medium format kit in case the transition from LF to MF is the only way to keep you photographer in the least meaning.
    As per this moment of time, we still can enjoy photography at less than $0.5 per shot(Arista/Foma 120 Roll: $4.29).
    Would like to add:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...light=Shanghai
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post

Dear buyer,
    Here is "ecbuyonline2008" from eBay. We are specialized in camera accessories from 120 folding camera to any Large Format and ultra large format camera, and there is a certain prestige on ebay and large format forums. We noticed that you may interested in films for you had purchased related items from our store before. So I contact you.
    Our company successfully got the agency rights of Shanghai Film, to express our gratefulness to all of our customers, we will launch a series of promotions about Shanghai films. Below is the quotations for DIRECT DEALS. If you and your friends happen to need it, welcome to contact us for more information. We accept PayPal, Western Union, bank transfer, etc.
    And, we intend to find a reliable overseas agent, we will have more new items in the future. If you also interested in it, we can give you the best price.

NOTE: If you are interested in the above items, please reply in the following form:
    Item name, format + Quantity + Your country + Your questions.
    If there hasn’t suitable size for you, we also provide custom cutting, for any size! minimum order 100 sheets!
    We will count the shipping fees according to your country, based on actual shipping charges.
    Thanks for your time, and looking forward for your reply :-)
    Best regards,
    ecbuyonline2008
    Last edited by Thalmees; 21-Jun-2018 at 15:17. Reason: transaction, corrected to transition.

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

I believe those GP3 prices posted above were a promotional thing. I just recently bought some GP3 120 rolls and they were definitely NOT $3.20 per roll.

Thanks to today's Supreme Court ruling, the online price for film will be increasing. For me here in California that equates to about a 10% price hike.

Thomas