Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tri-x 320 or 400?

Tri-x 320 or 400?

John, I don't have my oldest Kodak literature handy, but I believe Royal pan was not the same as Royal-X pan.

I don't know whether Quad-X would be twice as good, but it would certainly be twice as X...

Tri-x 320 or 400?

Does anyone have a technical data sheet for the Royal-X Pan film? I'm looking for the spectral response curve.

Tri-x 320 or 400?

I no longer have the data sheets for Royal-X, but I used it extensively for about a year in the mid 80's in 120 size to document the goings-on in the Engineering Department in the battleship USS Iowa (BB-61), where I served as a division officer. The spectral response, whatever it was, produced results that were indistinguishable from slower speed films of the day.

I really miss this film. Paired with the Linhof Technika IV that I was using, this was an unbeatable combination for producing high-quality results with the atrocious lighting conditions that I encountered. I processed all film in Diafine in my stateroom; an excellent developer for the circumstances where time and temperature were tough to control. Shot at an EI of 1600, I got excellent shadow detail and great tonality.