It's been a year since anyone has posted any information on the IQ smart 2 and 3 scanners. Since Doug mentioned in a previous post of the issues of the IQ 1, not scanning full rez out to the ends, this model is not as desireable for LF film.

The wonderful scanner comparison page Leigh Perry posted on the homepage of this site, shows the ICG drum superior to every scanner, specially the shot of foam insulation on the bottom, albeit at a $55k price tag. The last generation CREO scanners were quite dissapointing in this comparison considering their high price tag. I was hoping to see the IQ2/3 reviewed in this comparison, but it was not. I have seen NO comparative review or scan samples of IQ2/3 vs. drums or other higher end scanners on the web, although Doug has mentioned a sample scan done by Creo vs. a Tango scan which he felt was equal, which would be quite impressive.

I am curious how close these CCD's are getting to PMT technology in drum scannes. Of course, i would assume if they have met the quality, CREO would be marketing the comparable scans, as anyone would prefer the convience of flat beds over drums.