Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone Viewfinder app

Re: iPhone Viewfinder app

I used the app for the first time last week on the North York Moors and was well impressed. Not just a viewfinder but a great way of visualising the scene in B&W and keeping a record of the exposures. Great job, well done!
    regards, Tony

I purchased the app yesterday and have been using it for some things around the house. I like it and seems very user friendly. My question though, is there a way to keep default settings on the AV/TV/M to M? It likes to switch on me after I close out of the app from M to AV.

R/
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by seabee1999 View Post
    I purchased the app yesterday and have been using it for some things around the house. I like it and seems very user friendly. My question though, is there a way to keep default settings on the AV/TV/M to M? It likes to switch on me after I close out of the app from M to AV.

R/
    Dave
    Hi, I had decided to switch off the manual on restart because I thought people would forget they had it on and assume the exposure readings they were getting were correct. I know I miss stuff even though it is straight in front of my eyes. I can rethink that, I guess an additional option to not reset is a possibility.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fowler View Post
    Hi, I had decided to switch off the manual on restart because I thought people would forget they had it on and assume the exposure readings they were getting were correct. I know I miss stuff even though it is straight in front of my eyes. I can rethink that, I guess an additional option to not reset is a possibility.

Adam
    Thanks for your reply Adam. I was hoping it could be a setting that was a personal setting to set in the the settings section of the app. I stopped shooting AV/TV a long time ago. Having the option to set and keep at M would be useful, at least in my humble opinion.

R/
    Dave

Just installed the update and I dig the manual exposure default switch. Thank you for that option.

R/
    Dave

Adam,
    I just purchased your app and it looks good.

My primary usage would be with my 8x20 using a 1200mm lens. I see you've increased the acceptable lens focal lengths. Could you do the same for film width (increase it to 20 inches)?

Thanks. I really appreciate the convenience your app gives to us goofy guys with the giant cameras.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz View Post
    Adam,
    My primary usage would be with my 8x20 using a 1200mm lens. I see you've increased the acceptable lens focal lengths. Could you do the same for film width (increase it to 20 inches)?

John
    Looking at 8x20 cameras on the internet they look awesome. The next release will allow for a 20 inch film width, although the app already allows you to go up to 500mm which is almost 20 inches.

I'm currently on holiday so don't expect a release for a week or so though.

Adam

Thanks very much.
    Have a great holiday.

John

Hmmm

I mis-interpreted the error message when I tried to enter 508mm for the 20" film width. Actually, 500mm is fine as it more closely represents the film size without the rebate generated by the filmholder.

So for me your original number of 500mm is perfectly acceptable. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

John

schatten & licht nomennominatur's Avatar

It is a very useful app, in principle. However, I do not seem to be able to make the „spot meter“ function work. On tapping within the preview, the square appears, but no change in exposure or histogram take place. When tapping outside the preview, the square box does not disappear.
    Thanks for the good work and please keep on improving this grat app, even if, due to the niche market, it will not be commercially attractive to do so ...