Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Look for Tripod + head for Sinar F2

Re: Look for Tripod + head for Sinar F2

I've just received my Sinar Pan/tilt head. The base has a diameter of 75mm (around 3"). But on this base there is a smaller piece of diameter 55mm (around 2") receiving the screw to be fixed on the tripod (see picture)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sinarBase.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	177438

I've tried the Sinar head on a Manfrotto 055. The smaller diameter fits on the tripod plate, but the remains part of the base goes beyond the tripod plate.

Do you know if that can be an issue to use a tripod with a smaller plate (and it seems 55mm or 60mm is a kind of standard), do I must need a plate of diameter at least 75mm to install the Sinar head?

Thanks.

Manfrotto 055 might sort of work.

Reason why the Sinar Pan-tilt has a large diameter base has much to do with the kind and size of tripod it is intended to be used with. It is much about camera stability and proper camera support. Going back to the tripod legs previously discussed, they have good sized bases to aid in stability trading off light weight.

Not going to have it both ways, lightweight and stability. These two requirements are conflicting. Accept the fact a view camera benefits greatly from a tripod with weight for stability rather than trying to impose the belief lower weight is OK.

Alternatively, on can use a lightweight tripod, the add a weight bag (local rocks or etc) to the center column as part of the set up.

Bernice

Finally, after many hours of research, reading, thinking, talking with myself and my banker (:-) ), I arrive to the last list of choices.
    I've discarded Manfrotto. This is not really what I want.
    Gitzo and Ries are already discarded for the price.

It remains:
    • the Berlebach 312 (Berlebach 84 would have been ideal, but too expensive, despite its weight I would have taken it)
    • a used Feisol Elite CT 3372, an only 3 sections carbon fiber tripod, some says it's enough sturdy
    • an heavy wooden (or aluminium) surveyor tripod, cheaper than other. I've found here how to convert one for a use with camera. I've seen some on thebay, around , and I will try to found one locally.

It will be a bit difficult to day hiking with the surveyor, but not impossible.

Have you some last advices?

Guillaume