I have to say, I enjoy my DIY projects and always seem to have at least one going on (just finished a bard door tracker yesterday!). Some of my projects are kind of difficult and require a good bit a patience, knowledge, specialized tools, dexterity, creativity, etc. However, this one is different. As long as you have the glass cut down to size by the person you buy the glass from (most hardware stores will do this for free), it really is a simple, anyone can do it, type of project.

I did screw it up once though. I used 1500 grit the first time I tried, and that was too fine of a grit and didn't make the glass opaque enough. As such, I could see the back of the lens better than I could the projected image through the ground glass. But it was an easy fix. I just reground the same piece of glass with 600 grit and had a perfect ground glass in about 20 additional minutes. That's what makes it so easy to do. Unless you drop it or accidently grind both sides of the glass, all you have to do to fix any problems or imperfections is keep grinding.