I am planning to make the great leap forward into large format and am trying to find out as much info in advance as possible before I buy anything.

How important are centre filters for large format photography? I notice for example that Schneider publish tables of which centre filters they recommend for their lenses and presumably this is to prevent vignetting problems - I'm familiar with this principle because I also use a Hasselblad Xpan which uses CFs to prevent vignetting in panoramic mode.

Anyhow my question is do I have to really worry about this for landscape photography? I am planning to buy an LF outfit exclusively for landscapes (using mostly transparency film) and I imagine since landscape photography generally requires stopping down a lot for depth of field, vignetting will be less of a problem at small apertures (as with the Xpan when centre filters aren't really needed below f11). Do I need to worry about expensive centre filters since I will probably never use the lenses at wider apertures anyhow?