Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chroma Camera

Chroma Camera

Has anyone pre ordered one of these? Seems to be a pretty good looking camera!

Re: Chroma Camera

You should have promoted this when it was a KS and in the proper KS thread. KS ended recently.

Now tell us what it is?

http://chroma.camera/

I am surprised this camera flew under the radar here and on Photrio but regardless the KS funding was successful.

IMHO some really innovative ideas like using laser cut acrylic for construction and magnetically attached backs. Also very lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    http://chroma.camera/

I am surprised this camera flew under the radar here and on Photrio but regardless the KS funding was successful.

IMHO some really innovative ideas like using laser cut acrylic for construction and magnetically attached backs. Also very lightweight.
    I agree. OP first posted here a week before the CC KS ended, which is why I'm wondering why we were skipped over.

I already asked the principles, wtf?

I think innovation is great and don't mean to disparage the designer at all. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why I would ever need a grape-colored, plastic camera!

I just found out about this camera yesterday. It looks like it will be a little while before you can order one since he has to fulfill the KS orders first. If your a Clemson fan, you can order a purple camera with an orange bellows!! LOL

Hi everyone, apologies for my delayed response here. I'm the designer of the Chroma Camera and am about to start the production of 148 cameras that will be shipped worldwide.

Firstly, my main reason for not running any direct promotion on here is that I haven't been a regular user of the forum so I didn't want to look like I was simply using it for promotion. I spend more time on the UK TalkPhotography Film & Conventional forum and have been running a build thread on there for the last 18 months;

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th...camera.636352/

Apologies if anyone here felt like they missed out on the opportunity. I really wasn't expecting the huge demand I saw (I originally planned to build 40 cameras!) so I will be focusing on getting the Kickstarter rewards built and out before taking direct orders via my website http://Chroma.Camera down the line. If anyone is interested in ordering a camera later this year, please sign up to my mailing list via the website for regular updates and announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I think innovation is great and don't mean to disparage the designer at all. But I cannot for the life of me figure out why I would ever need a grape-colored, plastic camera!
    To address this directly, not everyone wants (or can afford) a more traditionally-styled field camera. Whilst I love the build and appearance of a Chamonix/Ebony/Wista, I'm not in a position to invest over £1000 on one. My main reason for designing the Chroma was to provide an option for photographers (both new and experienced) to purchase a technical field camera with full control of all movements, that weighs less than 1.6Kg and is small enough to fit in a small messenger bag along with a few film holders. Alongside the ergonomics and control offered, I wanted to make sure it was available for a price that wouldn't put photographers off throwing it in a bag and going out at lunchtime to expose some film (as I do). The colour options are a side-benefit of the material I use as we're all individual. From the initial backer surveys I've had back, the most popular colour so far is, as I expected, matt black. However, I've also had orders for bright pink, purple, green, yellow and red so there's clearly a demand for something unique.
    Last edited by stevelmx5; 27-Mar-2018 at 08:32.

I suspect that high relative humidity in the UK precludes problems, but an acrylic camera in the desert southwest seems like a formula for static electricity buildup. Perhaps those who keep their film holders in anti-static bags can suggest sources for such things in sizes large enough to contain this camera. Maybe ones with a hole for the lens to poke through when set up to photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I suspect that high relative humidity in the UK precludes problems, but an acrylic camera in the desert southwest seems like a formula for static electricity buildup. Perhaps those who keep their film holders in anti-static bags can suggest sources for such things in sizes large enough to contain this camera. Maybe ones with a hole for the lens to poke through when set up to photograph.
    I'm not an expert on static electricity or its' effects on film so if you have experience of it, and working around it, I'd be more than happy to discuss it.