Thread: Today's Successful Auction Sale on this site

Today's Successful Auction Sale on this site

Re: Today's Successful Action Sale on this site

Because we've got day jobs as well as other responsibilities and we're not able to watch 24/7 nor always to respond immediately when a post is reported.

The wording is also ambiguous as to whether it was intended as an auction or was just an awkwardly worded "I'll take $XX but if that's too much make me a lower offer". But yes, it's something we would follow up on if we saw it in a timely way. And yes, wording like "price will start at..." does suggest it might have been intended as an auction, so please don't say that if what you really mean is "I'll take a lower amount if my asking price is too high". And remember that per Forum guidelines, auctions are not allowed.

EDIT: OK, I see that Ralph has deleted it.

Re: Today's Successful Auction Sale on this site

the $11 large iris? I don't even need one and that was tempting... those are usually $300+, and I have never seen one that large ever.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    the $11 large iris? I don't even need one and that was tempting... those are usually $300+, and I have never seen one that large ever.
    I'm sure it was worth much more. Closed down 2" and open 6". Huge.

Very rare indeed.

Re: Today's Successful Action Sale on this site

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Because we've got day jobs as well as other responsibilities and we're not able to watch 24/7 nor always to respond immediately when a post is reported.

The wording is also ambiguous as to whether it was intended as an auction or was just an awkwardly worded "I'll take $XX but if that's too much make me a lower offer". But yes, it's something we would follow up on if we saw it in a timely way. And yes, wording like "price will start at..." does suggest it might have been intended as an auction, so please don't say that if what you really mean is "I'll take a lower amount if my asking price is too high". And remember that per Forum guidelines, auctions are not allowed.

EDIT: OK, I see that Ralph has deleted it.
    I don't blame the Admins at all. It was a sneak attack like we get when most sleep.

You all do a great job. Thank you!

loujon

That type of iris is meant to used in front of a Magic Lantern lens or one of those B&L Biopticons to use as a way to decrease the light intensity. They are NOT STRONG enough to hold a medium sized lens let alone a large one. That's why there's no lock on this type of iris because you don't need a lock used for decreasing intensity.

Also the iris blades themselves are single leaf and not nearly as sturdy as the blades on a "true" lens chuck iris.