Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Video from LargeSense

Re: New Video from LargeSense

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I don't understand how this can be called Large Format.

You are shooting and capturing on DSLR with an LF lens and a filter, the GG.

I find it interesting, but not LF.

Don't stop!
    You bring up a good point. Let's think about it.

1. The image goes through the lens, appears on a 4x5 sheet of ground glass. Then travels to another lens, and appears on a DSLR chip where it's recorded to digital format.
    2. Let's say I put film in my camera. The image travels through the lens and hits the film. I develop the film and place it on a scanner where it's recorded to digital format.

The depth of field, the lighting, the focal point, are identical in each image. The resolution, grain, contrast, & quality are different, but the image is the same.

So I would call it LF photography. It's a 4x5 image.

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonpix View Post
    You bring up a good point. Let's think about it.

1. The image goes through the lens, appears on a 4x5 sheet of ground glass. Then travels to another lens, and appears on a DSLR chip where it's recorded to digital format.
    2. Let's say I put film in my camera. The image travels through the lens and hits the film. I develop the film and place it on a scanner where it's recorded to digital format.

The depth of field, the lighting, the focal point, are identical in each image. The resolution, grain, contrast, & quality are different, but the image is the same.

So I would call it LF photography. It's a 4x5 image.

Ultimately the image is recorded on a sensor smaller than 4x5, so it's a hard sell as LF.
    (As far as the Forum definition is concerned)

HOWEVER, This could be the beginning of another very lengthy debate or possibly WWIII considering some of the previous discussions on this Forum as to what constitutes large format !

All joking aside, your project is very interesting and creative. Thanks for sharing the idea.
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

When I read the definition of what this Forum says is Large Format, It sure looks like this method fit in that category.

Forum: Digital Hardware
    Large format digital hardware (cameras and backs (having a capture area of nominally 4x5 or larger), scanners, printers, etc

My film plane is 4x5. The photo is from a 4x5 camera. I don't want to start WWIII !! lol