Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Video from LargeSense

New Video from LargeSense

Interesting video from LargeSense about their LS911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgpioaDb3Fs

Re: New Video from LargeSense

I find it funny that they only put a 4gb sd card into the camera.

I wish they would have said the resolution of the sensor.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Gee, could anyone make the process more daunting?

From their website:

12 megapixels
    Full frame 3888 x 3072 and optional crop sizes: 3840 × 2160, 3840 x 1600, 1920 x 1080.

http://www.largesense.com/products/8...al-back-ls911/

I agree though, that the video made the process seem like a checklist for nuclear ordinance disposal. Just wanted to pass the video along, not my bag. I'll stick with my Chamonix.

That video was so badly put together I would never invest in the technology. The woman in the video not only did not understand the digital back but the large format front standard and lens use. If the owner of the company cares so little to put a real video together then it makes me feel he doesn't take his product or photography seriously. But if you were serious about a digital back on a large format camera, why wouldn't you just get a Hasselblad adapter for a 4x5 and then rent a Hasselblad digital back? It would cost you less and way out perform that monstrosity. Being 4x5 it would be much easier to manage (you could shoot it in the field) and you would have an infinite choice of lenses.

Not to mention it's expected to cost $104,000 for a 12 Megapixel camera body.

I'll never get that 8:36 seconds of my life back...

-Joshua

Yep. Stupid video. Lousy device. Somebody is smoking.

I almost posted it, but why...

Am in the process of adapting a Epson Perfection V39 scanner to my 8x10. Still life only. Will be able to use it in the field with my Macbook Pro. Total cost $59.99 for the refurbished V39. Focus with the GG on the back and then replace it with the V39. Use digital negatives to print on Salt and Platinum/Palladium so should pay for itself quite quickly. Will it replace my shooting 8x10 film... absolutely, definitely NO, but an option for me to use in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Am in the process of adapting a Epson Perfection V39 scanner to my 8x10. Still life only. Will be able to use it in the field with my Macbook Pro. Total cost $59.99 for the refurbished V39. Focus with the GG on the back and then replace it with the V39. Use digital negatives to print on Salt and Platinum/Palladium so should pay for itself quite quickly. Will it replace my shooting 8x10 film... absolutely, definitely NO, but an option for me to use in the future.
    Will be curious if you succeed. Seems like doing this is plagued with difficulties that are hard to solve without knowing how to modify the scanner's firmware or hardware.

I think I'll stick with Portra and Ektar, yikes.

So, I always wondered what the point of this low-megapixel large sensor was. So, I long ago read the stuff about how longer focal length lenses render completely differently than typical small-sensor digital cameras do. So, so what? So, it's still just 12 megapixels. So, I bought a 12-megapixel Canon G9 ten years ago that can do everything this thing can, only better and easier. So, there's a reason there have been no reports of marketplace success by this enterprise. So, the reason is, there's no real reason for it.

So, perhaps the audience who appreciates videos like that will somehow end up with enough cash to actually buy such a, so, cool gadget.