Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8x10 Enlarger darkroom space....

Re: 8x10 Enlarger darkroom space....

what an amazingly awesome space ! I'd be tempted to keep it as is and make it a chill man cave, it has so much character. Looking forward to seeing the 'after' photos !
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Ha! Thank you. Well just to be clear what you see in that picture is the OUTSIDE of the oven. That room is a music studio space. The darkroom will actually be INSIDE the oven once I cut a door and remove the insides. A massive job no doubt. Also that tall skinny brick oven to the left with the glass door is a wood fired masonry heater that a friend of mine built and now heats this part of my building. I will take some better pics when I get a chance and document the whole process.

I thought so, as why are the viewing windows there. Must be a lot of steel inside too.

Be safe first, wear goggles at least to protect your photographer's eyes.

I look forward to all images. In 2 weeks I visit an older 8X10 darkroom to remove the enlarger. Too bad it's the only piece left...

I got lucky and found a mint state Zone VI 8x10. I always thought these were kind of weird, but in real life it's a great machine. It is of Calumet ownership vintage has a VC cold light. Came with a Metrolux II timer, 240mm Rodagon. I've since acquired a 300mm Rodagon. Neat little package. No good for color, but for split grade printing works like a charm. Cost me 200 bucks and 200 mile round trip, Mounted to the wall, built the table about 22 inches above the floor, at full extension it's right at 8 feet. About the foot print of a BIG refrigerator.
    Mike