Thread: Beseler Model Identification

Beseler Model Identification

I have been offered a Beseler 4x5 condensor enlarger. I have gathered that some of the 45MX, MXII series are very critical to align due to the provision for til ting the negative stage. I have also been lead to believe that the latest MXT mo del solved that to some extent. Can someone confirm this? Can you also help me i dentify the model of this particular unit. It is painted black but the current o wner says there is no model identification. I will see the unit tomorrow and wou ld like to have the information to determine for certain the model. He is asking $750 for the unit, I think that is high if it is an older MX or MCRX, maybe in line for the current MXT.

Beseler Model Identification

Dear Dave,

I have a model "O" here, that I can find no information on it at all. After contacting Beseler directly my quest is no further ahead. The tech who answered me stated the company has moved a number of times, and because the archives were no longer needed they were tossed out. The serial number I have here is 285, I assume this would mean it is a very early model. I am trying to find the bulb that fits into this machine, and would of course like the exact model. It is a primitive looking machine, I don't expect you will even get this, becasue it is such an old post. You never know though.