Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Movers and fakers

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Movers and fakers

"A lot of the 'new' is nothing more than 'McPhotos'. Look, get indigestion and throw away."

I get this feeling sometimes, too. Under the pressure to produce now, produce constantly, and produce to the standards of the University, it's reasonable to expect some degree of formulaety (if that's a word) from younger BFA/MFA students. And with the current disdain for all-things-historical, the only bandwagon to jump on is the one passing by at the moment.

And gallery owners and professional artists have to pay the rent, so I suppose some degree of pandering to what sells is necessary, and always has been...

Maybe it's hard to find in the volume of photography being done today, but there is quite a bit of really creative, intelligent work out there.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Movers and fakers

just in time for some of the questions raised here ... a movie about Eggleston:

http://www.filmforum.org/films/eggleston.html

opening is at film forum in NYC on wednesday. both eggleston and the film maker will be there for a question session. sadly i'll be out of town but i plan to see it the following week.