Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael A. Smith is recovering from a stroke

Re: Michael A. Smith is recovering from a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Those who know the work of Michael A. Smith and his wife Paula Chamlee will be glad to know Michael is recovering from a stroke.

http://www.michaelandpaula.com

Serious, but he is getting around and both he and Paula think he will be able to attend the AIPAD show in New York in April. They have their space and should be there with books so you can stop by, visit and buy some from them personally

https://www.aipadshow.com/

The information is from my Uncle who talked with Paula. This is written after she gave her permission to go public with it.

Paula is currently running LODIMA PRESS and their 501(c)3 operation as well as their photo business while Michael is recovering. A lot of work but if anyone is up to it, she is. The photo workshop planned for May and other projects are still going forward.

Well wishes, prayers, purchasing books or Lodima photo paper or prints can only help them keep going while Michael recovers from the serious and life threatening stroke.

They are good people, excellent artists and we hope Michael and Paula both get through this in good spirits and their work keeps moving forward.
    Willie, do you have an update from your uncle. I have not had a reply from Paula or Michael for several weeks; unusual, and I'm concerned.

Regards and thanks,

Merg

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Willie, do you have an update from your uncle. I have not had a reply from Paula or Michael for several weeks; unusual, and I'm concerned.

Regards and thanks,

Merg
    I contacted their assistant Richard but didn't hear anything from him either. Many of us would like to know how he is doing.

My Uncle talked with Michael yesterday Michael said he is doing better. Enough so he is confident he will be with Paula at the AIPAD show where they have a booth for their publishing company LODIMA PRESS. Visit with them there and enjoy seeing what they are producing these days.

Michael sounded OK though tired. Those who know him understand what a workaholic he is. Always has a half dozen projects going and a stroke slowing him down has to be stressful. Uncle Dan says Michael sounded tired but really looking forward to getting to the show and seeing people. Apparently having record breaking snows and power outages hasn't helped a lot the past month.

Paula has picked up things even more and the business end is ongoing. (now might be a good time to order some of their books or prints) Both Michael and Paula will be hosting their Workshop at their place in Buck's County, PA in May. Michael may be a bit slower but is working.

They know of folks concern and appreciate it.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    My Uncle talked with Michael yesterday Michael said he is doing better. Enough so he is confident he will be with Paula at the AIPAD show where they have a booth for their publishing company LODIMA PRESS. Visit with them there and enjoy seeing what they are producing these days.

Michael sounded OK though tired. Those who know him understand what a workaholic he is. Always has a half dozen projects going and a stroke slowing him down has to be stressful. Uncle Dan says Michael sounded tired but really looking forward to getting to the show and seeing people. Apparently having record breaking snows and power outages hasn't helped a lot the past month.

Paula has picked up things even more and the business end is ongoing. (now might be a good time to order some of their books or prints) Both Michael and Paula will be hosting their Workshop at their place in Buck's County, PA in May. Michael may be a bit slower but is working.

They know of folks concern and appreciate it.
    Willie, thank you.

Best,
    Merg