Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to post photo from Flickr to the Forum?

How to post photo from Flickr to the Forum?

I have been trying to link a photo that I have on Flickr to the All Other Formats area with no success. Could a forum member let me know how to do this or even if it is allowed? Any assistance gratefully received.

Peter

Re: posting photo from Flickr

If you go to your Flickr page where the image is, click on the icon to "Share photo". The page that opens next gives you some options for sharing, and you want to click on BBCode. Within the BBCode is your image's web address, and it is between the [img] and [/img] brackets.
    For the image to appear in the forum you need to copy and paste the image brackets [img]plus everything that follows up to and including the closing bracket[/img] into the body of your post. Don't leave any spaces between the brackets and the image address. That should do it.

Re: posting photo from Flickr

Thank you Peter!! Will give it a try.

Re: How to post photo from Flickr to the Forum?

Worked great - thanks again!

Re: How to post photo from Flickr to the Forum?

It works well and I now use it.

But one day when we close our Flickr accounts all our Forum images will be lost.

Problems in posting - how to link to a picture on Flickr?

Disclaimer: Although I work an IT day job, I am of the species not conversant with social media platforms, smartphones, etc., and therefore am "challenged" when it comes to certain typical functions of these types.

I just posted a photo but after a half-hour of trying to get it to post from Flickr, had to resort again to inserting as a thumbnail from my computer. Since our version here of "sticky posts" (posts that stay at the top of a given forum's column in order to provide continuously relevant information) is the Usage Guidelines, is it possible that someone knowledgeable could update this to include Flickr instructions? Yes, I realize that there is a disclaimer about this in the how-to-post instructions already, and, honestly, have no idea if there are three or three hundred different sites that folks regularly use for this purpose. I also know that at times, the question has been asked about how to go about this, but our search engine limitations being what they are, finding them again is a challenge. Perhaps someone might also add the instruction (unless I have missed that, in which case, my apology) about how to use Google to search on this site. I learned it once but can't recall it. I know it's something simple.

The problem with Flickr (with which I have enough trouble navigating already) appears to be the absence of filename.jpg in the URL address of posted photos, as required by this site. So, there must be some workaround.

Help appreciated. I'll copy and store it, but it would be great to have somewhere on the site, no?
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Re: Problems in posting - how to link to a picture on Flickr?

Click on "Choose File" and upload it straight from you computer. Why go through Flicker?

A good reason to use Flickr Pro is unlimited uploads.

But I use it for speed in posting, it gives you a choice of sizing very quickly and works on all devices well.

You can also click on through to a larger file, if offered. Making viewing on a monitor, large phone or tablet much better.

Most of the LFPF images hosted here look terrible, don't auto size and do not allow click through.

I ignore almost all images posted directly on the forum, they look really bad.

Not all!

Yes some here can link to their own server and size in PS or lessor software, but most cannot.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

I ignore almost all images posted directly on the forum, they look really bad.
    I am forced to ignore images posted from a hosting service, they don't show up after a year or so