Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the correct name for the big crank-up camera tables old studios used?

Re: What's the correct name for the big crank-up camera tables old studios used?

The room I use for my studio is more than tall enough. However, the walls slope inwards and the height of this will prevent it from being pushed clear into the corner when it needs to be out of the way. That's the only reason shorter would be better for me: it'll park better.

Re: What's the correct name for the big crank-up camera tables old studios used?

These are simple assemblies. You could make a spare set of shorter arms. The only thing that would have to be cut is the gear track, and they are cast iron and often break anyway. See if there is already a cut in the gear track, it may be two pieces. You can buy some 5' 4x4s or whatever they are, route out the runner track, and screw the gear track back on.

While looking for something else, I found one currently for sale through www.the-saleroom.com - search for 'camera stand'.

Neil