Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sectional Frames

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Sectional Frames

After buying sectional type frames from local craft stores at premium prices, I want to buy frame sections in bulk by mail to save money. Where's the best place to do this? Thanks!

-Brian

www.imagesofenchantment.com
    Brian Vuillemenot

Sectional Frames

A lot of people on this forum mention Light Impressions http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping

I've bought from them and have been satisfied.

Sectional Frames

I've been buying mine from Graphik Dimensions Ltd. (www.pictureframes.com) and have been very satisfied with their service. I think that their prices are pretty competitive as well.

Sectional Frames

http://www.framesbymail.com/metal_mouldings.html

Sectional Frames

I've been using American Frame (www.americanframe.com) for frames as well as backing board, mats and plexi but I'm thinking about switching to glass because it's easier to keep clean. They have a nice system which makes it easy to order the backing board, custom cut mats and plexi at a pretty decent price.

Sectional Frames

Another vote for framesByMail, they cut to 1/16".

Sectional Frames

I've bought Neilsen framing from Light Impressions, American Frame, Documounts. Light Impressions: expensive, frames cut ok but not great, packing ok, shipping horribly expensive, turnaround sometimes good but sometimes very long. Documounts: moderate price, frames cut well, packing good, shipping reasonably priced, turnaround generally good. American Frame, lowest price, best cut job of the places I've tried, packing is excellent, shipping is reasonable, turnaround is excellent.

I checked framesbymail - their prices are within pennies of American Frame.

Michael E. Gordon

Sectional Frames

If it's not wood, it's not framing.

I don't know how much you sell, and I'm not sure if their new account policies have changed, but a Light Impressions wholesale account provides a substantial discount.

www.mgordonphotography.com

Sectional Frames

Contemporary Frame Company. Check their web site. They are cheaper than you can imagine for their Neilson clones. Cutting is good too.

Sectional Frames

contemporary frame company, 16" x 20" #11 neilsen clone matte black = $10.48

contemporary frame company, 16" x 20" #11 neilsen matte black = $15.82

American frame, 16" x 20" neilsen #1 matte black = $8.80, about 84% the cost of the CFC clone, and 56% of the cost of the nielsen from CFC.

American frame shipping for the single frame $6, Contemporary frame minimum shipping $10.

One thing to watch out for is that not all places include corner hardware with frame (e.g. Light impressions). Both American Frame and CFC include hardware.