Thread: 270mm tele Xenar panel size.

270mm tele Xenar panel size.

Just acquired a 270mm f5.5 Tele-Xenar (with little red triangle on the front) in Compur shutter.
    Didn't come on a lens panel, and measuring across the rear cells looks like about 52mm. Will this be a size 2 panel?
    I'm struggling to find a straight answer through the power of google, so hoped someone here had one.
    Many Thanks in advance.

Re: 270mm tele Xenar panel size.

If you post a photo of the shutter, we can probably tell you what it is. You can also check S K Grimes' website, he normally lists mounting diameters. L

Thanks Luis.
    What I need is a size 2 panel, with 52.5mm hole, described by Ralph Barker as "oddball".
    Technika style panels in 0, 1 and even 3 are apparently plentiful, 2 proving more elusive but I'll find or make one- can't have new glass sitting idle.

'New' meaning new to me, of course. Google did manage to tell me my lens dates from about 1956, so even older than me. Just. It's strange to think that much of the kit being used by members here has such history behind it, yet still serves so well.

Don't know about Technica, I've got a couple of Artars in a #2 Compur. I just drilled the size hole in the Dorff wooden board. L

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Thanks Luis.
    What I need is a size 2 panel, with 52.5mm hole, described by Ralph Barker as "oddball".
    Technika style panels in 0, 1 and even 3 are apparently plentiful, 2 proving more elusive but I'll find or make one- can't have new glass sitting idle.

'New' meaning new to me, of course. Google did manage to tell me my lens dates from about 1956, so even older than me. Just. It's strange to think that much of the kit being used by members here has such history behind it, yet still serves so well.
    Linhof supplies boards with a pilot hole when you have odd ball stuff.

Thanks Bob. It hadn't even occurred to me to go straight to Linhof.
    No 'off the shelf' size 2 boards, but as you say can provide one to modify.
    Cheers!