Thread: Hello there

Hello there

I've been lurking here for a few months... I have found many great photos. I know, it's large format photography forum, but I don't have LF camera. Only 24x35, 6x6 and 6x9. Can I join? I have returned to b&w photography (film only) after many years of colour. I would like to show some photos and ask ,what do you think? Sitll learning.
    M_alice

loujon

Re: Hello there

Quote Originally Posted by M_alice View Post
    I've been lurking here for a few months... I have found many great photos. I know, it's large format photography forum, but I don't have LF camera. Only 24x35, 6x6 and 6x9. Can I join? I have returned to b&w photography (film only) after many years of colour. I would like to show some photos and ask ,what do you think? Sitll learning.
    M_alice
    Hello M alice!

Heck YES you can certainly join the LFF and YES you can show your work in all formats as long as they are in the correct sub forum. So there section in the forum that is titled "Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion " and that's the spot. You can share all your work there in negative sizes smaller then 4x5 (that includes sheet film shot on anything smaller 4x5) & that's the cut off. So please share your work here as we'd love to see it .

On another matter, after you have been a member for 30 days you'll have access to the "For Sell For Trade" Commerce Section so if you decide you would like to put together a nice little 4x5 outfit, you can shop right here for a great starter camera as well as the bits & bobs like lenses,dark cloth, holders and so on. I find in my dealing here both selling and buying is such a less stressful experience that I now truly hate the eBay thing and do most of my buying here.

Anyhow you may want to go over the general rules for our LF forum to help you get the lay of the land but we're a pretty helpful lot so if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

Have fun & Welcome!

Re: Hello there

Yes, you can join and post your photographs in the proper place. We are glad to have you.

I agree with Louis. You should eventually buy an inexpensive 4x5 camera just so you don't miss all the fun. If you wish to save money you can use an oversized black T-shirt or sweatshirt for a darkcloth. Cheap readers from the drugstore will work for a loupe. You can use the light meter you own or the meter inside one of your other cameras. Used 4x5 film holders are dirt cheap. No hurry though. Just enjoy the forum!