Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stay away from Cambridge Camera Exchange!

Stay away from Cambridge Camera Exchange!

On eBay, CCC also transacts as airwatches. Beware of them too.

A friend bought three lenses and a camera body and sent Cambridge a moneyorder. They shipped one lens about every two months and close to a year later sent him the camera body. He had the lenses for months without a body to put them on. Back then, this was actually funny, in a way, at least to his friends. Today, there are ways to rectify the situation. Thank God, the New York Attorney General indicted almost all the New York and New Jersey camera companies for mail order fraud. There should be a list of them. If memory serves me correctly it seems like there were 23 companies indicted. At least the charges woke up the camera magazines to their crooked advertisers, who also blacklisted some of them and put the rest on probation. Granted, this was many years ago, but short-packing, brand- switching lenses, padding shipping charges, shipping merchandise long after the credit card payment has gained interest, etc., etc., etc., are still common practices with the mail order companies in New York and New Jersey, and other states. Buyers beware.

I had a similiar xperience with these guys some years back. I paid with a credit card for three lenses and a camera body. After months of back and forth i gave up and had my bank deny the charges. The charges were finally reversed just before the new year? I figure they charge your card get the money and invest it and by the tiem you get your money back they have made some.

Resellerratings.com gives them a Lifetime Rating of 0.31 out of 10.

B&H has a 9.03.

Wow ! They sound like Pond Scum.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Yeah, Cambridge sold me a "brand new in the box" Schneider macro auxilliary. It and the box arrived just plain beat-up and dirty. Sorry, no returns, not their fault. My first and last dealing with them...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

>On eBay, CCC also transacts as airwatches. Beware of them too.
    >
    >--Dan Fromm, 2005-08-15 17:33:07

They almost got me (well, did for 4 months) as airwatches on eBay! I bought a Super Rollex back from them, was the only bidder, so won it for $49.95 prompty mailed off a money order to them, they claimed they never got it, but I should wait, I called them every week to see if they got it, they said no, but wait... after a few weeks I offered to pay via a credit card, and I would try and get my money back from the PO, they said it wasn't needed, to wait... the very next week when I again offered to pay with a credit card, they said that would be fine, but it's been so long since the item ended, and they didn't get payment, so they sold it to somebody else! And this was without a single email to me asking for payment again.

I'm pretty sure they got the money order, and prompty ripped it up, and threw it away, claiming they didn't get it so they wouldn't have to sell the back for the price it sold for! Oh well, in a way after reading this thread I feel better now

-Mike