Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodagon 120WA - Need Correct Flange!

Rodagon 120WA - Need Correct Flange!

Unlike the recent flange-related thread in the Resources section...I don't want to pay top dollar, and wait a month - for a one-off. I just need the proper flange for my recently purchased 120mm Rodagon WA, as the flange I received with it...while it is the proper diameter - is of the wrong thread pitch. Actually there is enough engagement, without thread damage, to make it work - but long term I'd really like the proper flange!

Lens itself is mint...got a great price...and I do not want to contact the seller and invite a morass of time and additional shipping back and forth.

Thing is...I'm having a heckuva time even finding any reference to what might be the proper flange for this lens. The existing Rodenstock literature lists WA Rodagons only up to 60mm fl., and not to 120mm. Anyone? (Bob?)

Re: Rodagon 120WA - Need Correct Flange!

John, the literature collection assembled by Dan Fromm has a Rodagon/Rodagon-WA file with a table that specifies the screw mount for the 120 WA as M50x0.75.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 21-Feb-2018 at 12:20. Reason: edited to remove unnecessary quote of OP

So John, what are you looking from us? Oren above gave you the required thread for the lens. Is that what you were looking for or were you trying to purchase the right flange from a member? If no one has one, you may need to "pay top dollar, and wait a month - for a one-off", Good luck!

If you are lucky, SK Grimes might have one in old stock.

You sure it is the wrong pitch and not a problem with the threats? 50mm flanges and rings are/were very common and I have never seen more then the standard common thread pitch. 39mm is another matter.

one uncommon 50mm flange thread is 50x0.9 (or 29 1/13 TPI), which was commonly used on the Compur 2 shutters that were common many years ago. *That* is a difficult flange/nut to find. Maybe the one you have is that one? Agreed the 50x0.75 is common and was used on a lot of enlarging lenses and other places.

-Ed

Flange is the style featuring screw holes...is obviously older than the lens - and threads coarser than those on the lens. So my guess is...yes, its from a #2 shutter. Just checked around for M50x0.75 stock, and B+H came up with a two week wait at just shy of 50.00 (ouch!). Hmmm...is my #2 ring valuable enough to cover this? Alternately...anybody out there with a M50x0.75 that they'd be willing to trade for a #2 ring? I'll repost to Wanted section.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Flange is the style featuring screw holes...is obviously older than the lens - and threads coarser than those on the lens. So my guess is...yes, its from a #2 shutter. Just checked around for M50x0.75 stock, and B+H came up with a two week wait at just shy of 50.00 (ouch!). Hmmm...is my #2 ring valuable enough to cover this? Alternately...anybody out there with a M50x0.75 that they'd be willing to trade for a #2 ring? I'll repost to Wanted section.
    We sold our entire supply of flanges and retaining rings to KEH. It has been a few years but you might check to see if they have any left,

...will do - thanks!

Which enlarger? Not many enlargers mandate the use of a flange. Can you mount it with a 50mm retaining ring; those are common.