Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphic Graflex Photography

Re: Graphic Graflex Photography

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    So, even though my Crown Graphic appears to be from 1968, you would still recommend I get the 10th? Thanks.
    Only because it was the one I enjoyed the most of the three I've read, and it seemed to have the most info on the Pacemakers. The 11th edition has more on the Super Graphic, which I don't own. A totally unscientific recommendation on my part and YMMV of course!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    Only because it was the one I enjoyed the most of the three I've read, and it seemed to have the most info on the Pacemakers. The 11th edition has more on the Super Graphic, which I don't own. A totally unscientific recommendation on my part and YMMV of course!
    Do you or anyone else have any idea which edition talks more about the Crown Graphics (which I own)?

Thanks!
    --Mario

The three volumes that I have read are really more about general photography rather than specifically about Graflex camera's. There are a few chapters on the camera's themselves, but the majority of chapters cover more general photographic topics. There are articles, different for each version, by photographers like Bernice Abbot, Ansel Adams, Jack Delano (I think), with chapter subjects such as:

News Photography,
    Photographing Children
    Panning with Horses
    Photographing the Dance
    Portrait Lighting
    Arial Photography
    Etc...

Chances are your local library may have one to check out. In my opinion is the 10th edition, with the Pacemaker addendum booklet slipped in a pocket in the rear cover, was the most interesting and would cover your camera. 11th edition has some info as well, but is a slightly smaller book. YMMV a stated before.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    The three volumes that I have read....
    Thanks.
    --Mario