Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
Try the phone? I think he has a regular job and does this in his “spare” time.
Ok, thanks, I thought he might just be on holiday or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
It's been more than a year since I last bought something direct from Mike. But FWIW he has active listings on eBay, and his feedback profile there shows one new entry within the past month and another 16 within the past 6 months.
Do you have a link to one of his listings?

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
In case you can't contact Mike, you may want to try these folks. They make film holders for scanners, and also sell anti-Newton glass. They may be able to cut a piece for you:

http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/mainintro.html
I emailed betterscanning but got a snotty response. Apparently I had asked the same question back in 2015, which I had forgotten about. He explained it takes a long time to figure out the cost of the material and shipping, which I find odd as his business is selling and shipping glass. I apologised and asked that he forward the emails to me as I no longer have them, a two second job if he already knows he emailed me a number of years back. I’ve not heard anything back and to be honest don’t expect to. From what I recall he followed up his quotes with a number of chase-up emails, which is probably what put me off in the first place.
Unfortunately there are limited suppliers so I have to suck it up.