Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Focal Point Anti-Newton glass supplies

Re: Focal Point Anti-Newton glass supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Try the phone? I think he has a regular job and does this in his “spare” time.
    Ok, thanks, I thought he might just be on holiday or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    It's been more than a year since I last bought something direct from Mike. But FWIW he has active listings on eBay, and his feedback profile there shows one new entry within the past month and another 16 within the past 6 months.
    Do you have a link to one of his listings?

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
    In case you can't contact Mike, you may want to try these folks. They make film holders for scanners, and also sell anti-Newton glass. They may be able to cut a piece for you:

http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/mainintro.html
    I emailed betterscanning but got a snotty response. Apparently I had asked the same question back in 2015, which I had forgotten about. He explained it takes a long time to figure out the cost of the material and shipping, which I find odd as his business is selling and shipping glass. I apologised and asked that he forward the emails to me as I no longer have them, a two second job if he already knows he emailed me a number of years back. I’ve not heard anything back and to be honest don’t expect to. From what I recall he followed up his quotes with a number of chase-up emails, which is probably what put me off in the first place.
    Unfortunately there are limited suppliers so I have to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasted View Post
    Do you have a link to one of his listings?
    Seller name is "fpoint".

I sent Mike an email yesterday morning asking about one of his product offerings and got his response 3 hrs later.

I dealt with Mike a couple of years ago. He fitted glass for my 4x5 Zone VI negative carrier. He was excellent to work with.

Thanks guys,

I shall try again.

Replacement scanner glass has arrived in one piece. Got it through to Mike at Focalpoint and he couldn't of been more helpful. I was a bit worried about it getting damaged in transit from one country to another but the glass was well packaged. I'm now looking forward to some scratch free scanning.

Anyone know if the Screen Cezanne has focus capability? or is it fixed distance? Just thinking about shimming to get the correct height.

Will post back when I've done a few tests.

I just ordered from betterscanning the wet/dry for my v850 and they were nice. I asked about a custom piece of ANR glass and he said it isn't cost effective , but is looking into it. My kit should arrive monday. Although I will give mike a shout once I make some measurements as I want to see if using a second piece of ANR to replace mylar sheet will work. The mylar is a pain and if I am real caredul I can only get a few uses out of it before the scratches are too much. Glass won't scratch easily so if it works one less consumable to worry about.