Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brand New Lenses

Re: Brand New Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Papi, I don't know where you looked. I just looked again and found https://web.archive.org/web/20180212...S/401491004193 First hit. Where do you find those Symmars? I just took quick looks on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk and couldn't find any that inexpensive.
    Dan, it is just the same product, but in your case it calculates a $15 shipping, but in my case it calculates a $59 shipping, based in user location and seller shipping policy.

The symmar screenshot it was with "Sold listings" checked, so it is not about present offers, but about real auction results (lower price first), so this a guide for the price one may obtain at auction or making an offer to the seller.

This is the search of the screenshot: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...135%29&_sop=15

A search for (sold) xenars with size 0: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...05%29&_sacat=0

Huub

You could have a look at the german version of the well known auction site. The german word for shutter is 'verschluss' and prices start from € 50,- for a Polaroid Press.

Quote Originally Posted by Huub View Post
    You could have a look at the german version of the well known auction site. The german word for shutter is 'verschluss' and prices start from € 50,- for a Polaroid Press.
    Thanks

It's not profitable to manufacture and sell them new, would be the short answer.
    If you could still find a new, once-common, 4x5" top-of-the-line lens for something approaching the list price, it will likely be considerably more $1500 USD. Often the exact same lenses, typically gently used and with an accurate shutter, can be purchased on eBay for about 1/10th as much. These were the professional coin-of-the-realm for 50 years; short of dropping or dunking them they're rugged and hard to wear out. LF film gear was dumped en masse by pros because Polaroids and final film costs became prohibitive in the digital era, impossible to recoup by billing clients for them, starting in the 1990's. Today there is such an overabundance of LF lenses that hobbyists and artists will be using the existing rolling stock for the next 50 years without exhausting the supply of cheap and repairable ones.