Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G. Leitmeyr Munich V Weitwinkel Anastigmat???

G. Leitmeyr Munich V Weitwinkel Anastigmat???

Hello.
    I have in my possesion a f6.8 105mm G. Leitmeyr Munich V Weitwinkel Anastigmat lens. I got it with a 4x5 Crown Graphic outfit, and assume it will cover 4x5. Its mounted in a Prontor-S shutter that is not working. I can't get the shutter to open.
    Does anyone know anything about this lens? I will probably sell it, but I was curious to know what people thought about it, are they considered good lenses?
    Thank you

You sure it's not a 108mm lens? The 108s cover 5x7 and are considered wide angle on those cameras.

Dean, thanks for the reply, but it is a 105mm.

I wasn't questioning your eyesight. :-) I just couldn't find anything in the Lens Vade Mecum for the 105mm. The 108 was in a Prontor shutter and sold with the Graphics in the 1920s. Seems very close to what you have.

Dean, you'd be right to question my eyesight! But this shutter is newer than the twenties and the fonts of the writing around the lens has a very post war look, maybe the 60's or so. The shutter does not appear to be original anyway, the aperture scale begins at f4.5. I'm no expert, but the glass has a "wide field" look to it, like my 100mm Wide Field Ektar. I know its German, but is this lens considered to be a good lens? I'm not familar with the company, or other of their products. If it will cover 5x7, I will likely keep it and get the shutter repaired.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

There isn't much I've been able to find out about G. Leitmeyr and his Weitwinkel Anastigmats, but...

I have a 121mm f:6.8, coated and in good condition. The Prontor shutter came with a bag of loose parts when I bought it, but I had a Press-Compur #0 which it fit right into (the shutter came with a 90mm Angulon where the lens elements were toast).

It's a fine little lens, very similar to the Angulon in construction and coverage. The 121mm covers 5x7" but not much more, so I doubt the 105mm will cover much more than 4x5".
    I'll be trying it out over the next week, in competition with the far heavier 121mm f:8 Super Angulon. I'll get back with any conclusions.

It's important for these to be coated (single coated) as they are a double gauss type with 4 elements in 4 groups=8 air / glass interfaces. Similar to a Kodak Wide field Ektar. I had a 105mm a while back and it was VERY sharp on 4X5. It would just cover 5X7 but the corners were weak. Best as a wide field lens on 4X5.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Jim - my G. Leitmeyr Weitwinkel Anastinmat is a "reverse Dagor", identical to the Angulon: Six elements in two groups.

Thanks guys. It looks like a good lens and does look alot like my 100mm Wide Field Ektar - the size and shape of the elements - but I haven't tried to count the surfaces . I'm sending it to Frank Marshman to have the shutter repaired, and will sell it with my Super Graphic, together with a 250mm Tele-Optar.

42 is The Answer

Re: G. Leitmeyr Munich V Weitwinkel Anastigmat???

I just wanted to add something to this very old thread, but there seem to be 2 versions of the Leitmeyr Munchen Weitwinkel 105mm. One is a f/6.8 and the other an f/6.3. I also noticed that the 105/6.8s that I have seen seem to have a V designation, while the 6.3s do not.

105/6.8

Link

105/6.3

GRAFLEX | SINAR | VOIGTLANDER