I was personnally shocked to see to what extend the level of the discussions here has dropped over the course of 7 or 8 months.

This used to be a quiet but civilized place, like the LL or Rob Galbaith forums, but it has a come down to some sort of sub-DPreview level.

I am not speaking about the technical content of the discussions, but about how people address each others.

I had sort of thought that the average LF shooters were educated folks, overall on the senior side agewise, and this still appears to be true. However, judging from the discussions I have been watching recently I have started to wonder... am I really not gonna grow any wiser as time passes by?...

Another theory, younger folks like me have been playing with the net for 17 or 18 years, roaming forums, leaving thousands of posts etc... while the slightly older people who have been joining these places recently are actually still in their learning phase medium wise? One could only advice healthy readings like the writtings of Sherry Turkle on multiple personnalities for instance.

Cheers,
Bernard