Thread: Creo IQSmart2 scanner software

Creo IQSmart2 scanner software

I just recently acquired an IQsmart2 from a company that was closing up shop, and of course they no longer had the software to go with it. Longshot, but does anyone have an install disk for it they would part with?

Re: Creo IQSmart2 scanner software

If you don't find someone, get in touch with Michael Streeter at info@scansolutionsonline.com.He can supply the software and anything else you need. He's a great resource and a very helpful person.

got in touch with him today-- he didn't have much in the way of good news. I don't have the calibration target, and he only had the mac version of the software -- which he said wouldn't work anyway without the target. Really would like to get this thing working, but it's not looking hopeful.

The software was primarily for Mac. I think there was a somewhat crippled./buggy version for Windows, but many of these older scanners were only supported on a Mac. Typically it's a "get an old scanner, get an old Mac to drive it" kind of thing. A Mac Mini will do - I run my IQsmart from an old Macbook. The calibration is a one time thing but you do need the targets to do it. I got mine from Michael when I got the refurbed IQsmart from him. I wonder how hard it would be to make a copy of the calibration slide...

Where are you located?

Yeah, there was a windows version -- don't know how good it is. Reading old threads on the facebook group that seems to be pretty much dead, it looks like Michael was trying to find a way to reproduce the calibration target -- but I guess he wasn't successful. I wish I knew someone local who had the stuff to test it and maybe let me use their calibration target to install. I could find an old macbook with firewire to run it. Everything I've read about them says they were pretty impressive.

I'm in Fort Worth.

There was someone in Europe who found a source for the calibration sheets - not cheap though. I'll rummage around in the AM and see what I can find

Looks like Mr Streeter found a copy of the software and a calibration sheet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by watkinssr View Post
    Looks like Mr Streeter found a copy of the software and a calibration sheet for me.
    Mike is a fantastic guy, he helps me on my machine whenever I get in trouble.

+10. Dealing with Michael is a real pleasure.