Thread: Howdy from Texas

Howdy from Texas

New to forum. My actual name is Mike, and I recently resurrected my older Mamiya medium format film gear (M645 and RZ67), and decided to give the 6X17 format a try. I'll be using a Shen Hao 617 view camera...not sure if this technically qualifies as "large format", but this forum is the nearest thing where one can get and share relevant information. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to being a contributing member.

loujon

Re: Howdy from Texas

Hey Mike welcome aboard!

As far as 6x17 not being technically large format you simply need to pay attention where you post your 6x17 images (looking forward to seeing your 6x17 work) as in the correct subsection of the Image Sharing section or post them in the Lounge.

Hi Michael, and welcome.....I am sure that some one will tell if you post in the wrong area.....my 4x10 was not big enough for their post.....so be it.....I have some times shot 6x12 roll film with my 4x5 Linhof, oh well.....Oh, you might want to meet Susan and JB Harlin good people and very helpful.....Jan from SF/NM....ps I also shoot 6x17 as well....

Welcome. I really like the idea of the Shen Hao 6x17 with its ground glass that folds out of the way. Being able to use lf lenses, and accurately compose sounds lovely.

What part of Texas? There are a number of lf shooters in Austin, but we never seem to do much in the way of organized socializing.

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. What part of Texas are you located? There are a few of us around.

Another warm welcome! The Forum has become a library of information for me, and I hope you find it useful in your art!
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Howdy from southern Illinois. I have been involved in photography since the 50's, but learn something new on here daily. You are in the right place!