Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disk Golf Cart or Photo Equipment Hauler

Disk Golf Cart or Photo Equipment Hauler

Just posted on another site, my current solution for hauling gear.

I don’t get out as often as I did and when I do I usually stay “on the beaten path.”

I found the all terrain cart and find it a good solution for my camera gear and the medical equipment I need to have close by. I was using a jogging stroller but found it was too wide and hard to adapt to equipment.

Balloon tires make it easy to pull and they have mud/sand tires if you need them. Handle height adjusts quickly, and for me the best feature is the top is strong enough to sit on. So, I can haul then sit and rest and then haul again. Lots of custom add ons, saddle bags, bottle holders, fenders, storage boxes, coolers .... no connection other than being a satisfied user.

Website is: zuca.com

Re: Disk Golf Cart or Photo Equipment Hauler

Just a little undersized for what I would need for the 11x14 (the large backpack cart).
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I used to have a jogging stroller as well. That didn't work out too good cause my dog took over the stroller. Now I have one of these bad boys. Tripod sticks out but I love the wheels. This was when I was trying it out with the darn dog.
    --

Cool design, i like the integrated seat.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mann View Post

Website is: zuca.com
    Hey those are cool! So tripod will be sort of standing up on those? How would you strap it in?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Hey those are cool! So tripod will be sort of standing up on those? How would you strap it in?
    I have two pods, a short carbon fiber travel pod that is about 2 feet long which I lay across the top and strap down. The other is a short Reis so I hook one leg end in the bottom and bungee cord around the top. The top/seat has a built in handle where you can put a hook, or loop a cord under. You could also remove the canvas which leaves an open frame to adapt things to fit.

I am thinking more along this line; https://surlybikes.com/bikes/big_dummy

11x14 (or 8x10) on one side, holders on the other, Ries strapped on top, lenses and meter on my back, perhaps. Perhaps something similar with an electric motor assist?
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I am thinking more along this line; https://surlybikes.com/bikes/big_dummy

11x14 (or 8x10) on one side, holders on the other, Ries strapped on top, lenses and meter on my back, perhaps. Perhaps something similar with an electric motor assist?
    One thing to consider is the amount of vibration that is transmitted to the photo equipment. When I was biking 25 miles a day, I loved to take a small 4x5 outfit with me. Tripod was strapped vertically to the back of the bike. Camera equipment rode on top of the rear tire in a hard Pelican case with thinnish dividers inside. Case was solidly strapped to the rear of the bike. I experienced several times camera parts becoming loosened. One time one of the lenses slightly unscrewed itself from its flange on the lens board. Eventually my Soligor spot meter gave me erratic readings. Attributed it all to transmitted vibrations. Replaced the inside of the Pelican case with cloth over foam dividers and a foam top and a foam bottom layer, and had no further problems. Also the balance of the bike seemed to be a bit top heavy, but not enough to matter except when I made a sudden abrupt turn. Disadvantage of using a bike to ride and haul one's photo equipment on is when it breaks down. Carried an extra tire tube and tool kit, but when one looses a critical nut on the bike several miles away from your parked car... well lets just say that the walk back to the car with bike in hand is not a pleasant experience, especially when a fast moving thunder storm overtakes you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B627DDF-9302-4348-9CE4-DE718C25637A.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	173368

I should have had a photo of the cart in my first post, again the biggest plus for me is the built in seat for when I need to stop and catch my breath.

Bob, after wading through all the options available, I ended up looking at the same one you showed in #9. If others are also interested in that one, here's the link to the specs for more info:
    https://www.zuca.com/control/product/~product_id=12340

Gotta do something different for hauling my Sinar Norma 8x10 and Gitzo Series 5 aluminum tripod around at 83 - a bit of a grunt now, especially with one foot screaming for circulation like when my ski boots were too tight; sitting immediately relieves the pain. Not sure yet this choice is the answer.