Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion about Fujinon

Opinion about Fujinon

I have opportunity to buy this lens for 350$. But I don’t know nothing about it. The lens is in perfect condition :-) Could you give me some information about this Fujinon. I need the lens for 8x10 work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c3056625408a99f775ea6da694c5.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	173287
    Michal Makowski

Re: Opinion about Fujinon

Quote Originally Posted by Michal Makowski View Post
    I have opportunity to buy this lens for 350$. But I don’t know nothing about it. The lens is in perfect condition :-) Could you give me some information about this Fujinon. I need the lens for 8x10 work.

Michal,

I have a newer version of this lens. I think the only difference is this is a single coated lens, while mine is multi coated. It covers 8x10 easily with room for substantial movements.

Ed Freniere

I have several Fujinon lenses. They are all excellent.

The lens might be in perfect condition but that is an older shutter. What condition is it in? Considering it’s age it might need a CLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    The lens might be in perfect condition but that is an older shutter. What condition is it in? Considering it’s age it might need a CLA.
    Glass is great, shutter seems to be ok but I will do CLA anyway if I buy it. What about image quality?
    Michal Makowski

From one picture, it looks in good shape, and the shutter is easy to test. As to pricing, I have no idea, but that is easy to check as well. For details on all of Fuji's LF lenses and their FIFTEEN 300mm lenses check out:

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/

Dave Karp

I have shorter focal length versions of that lens. I own several other Fujinons and have yet to use a Fujinon lens that I did not like.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    Michal,

I have a newer version of this lens. I think the only difference is this is a single coated lens, while mine is multi coated. It covers 8x10 easily with room for substantial movements.

I'll add to what Jim has said and I'll also add that the version you are considering (lettering inside rim) was Fujinon's general purpose plasmat but had additional IC (80 degrees) then the competitors general purpose plasmats as well as Fujinon's later general purpose plasmat (lettering on outer barrel) all of which had around 70-72 degrees

Here's a link to mid 1970's Fijinon large format lens catalog which has the specs for the version your inquiring about .https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/00886/00886.pdf

BTW-I have no idea if the asking price of $350 is to high by market value but I will say a 300mm plasmat w/ IC of 80 degrees from other manufacturer would cost you what this lens was offered to you for + at least $2000 more.

Drew Wiley

Really???? ! 300 general-purpose plasmats are common, although I can't tell from the posted picture whether or not it even is a plasmat or a Fuji L tessar. The 3S shutter itself is coveted by some if in good shape. It is a realistic price.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Really???? ! 300 general-purpose plasmats are common, although I can't tell from the posted picture whether or not it even is a plasmat or a Fuji L tessar. The 3S shutter itself is coveted by some if in good shape. It is a realistic price.
    Drew, in this case, it is the W (plasmat) lens which is in a copal 3 shutter.