Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak 5x7 NOS plate age 75? Shot today

Re: Kodak 5x7 NOS plate age 75? Shot today

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I think old glass plates can also look good as reversal and presented on a little light box. That way the viewer gets to see the plate. Or at least that is what I'd want to see.
    Very kool, but it would be difficult to do with old emulsions, as reversal processes are quite rough on even new emulsions...

But would be way cool!!!!

But these might reverse by solarization/extreme overexposure... Hmmmm....

Steve K

Thanks guys. I love projects like this. I finally set up my box computer and V700. Got a scan done. Now I can tweak into something it’s not.

Not!

Realistically it looks best on a light table. I do that with lots of odd negs.

I hit this pretty hard. My Sekonic read f32 incident at ISO 100. I gave it 11 pops in T with f32. 2 more than I planned...

This is so cool! Several years ago my wife came home from an estate auction with two boxes of exposed and processed 5x7 glass plate negatives. From the look of clothing, houses, etc. I would estimate they were made fairly close to 1900. This is farm country and farm houses and horses were favored subjects... I love those things.
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

I also like many things old. Including Cheese, wine, but fresh food is best.

look at these found plates. http://www.largeformatphotography.in...91#post1423691

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    This is so cool! Several years ago my wife came home from an estate auction with two boxes of exposed and processed 5x7 glass plate negatives. From the look of clothing, houses, etc. I would estimate they were made fairly close to 1900. This is farm country and farm houses and horses were favored subjects... I love those things.

Correction!

This is wrong. When I removed the lens, I found the lens set at f5.6. So that explains the OOF hat edges and and means 10 stops over box speed.

Somebody once said to figure 1 stop for each decade. Sounds right.

I shot the same hat yesterday and got a thin neg when actually using 5 stops as I first thought I did.

I am running out of fingers...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Thanks guys. I love projects like this. I finally set up my box computer and V700. Got a scan done. Now I can tweak into something it’s not.

Not!

Realistically it looks best on a light table. I do that with lots of odd negs.

I hit this pretty hard. My Sekonic read f32 incident at ISO 100. I gave it 11 pops in T with f32. 2 more than I planned...