Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDF for Aristo VCL4500

Re: PDF for Aristo VCL4500

Quote Originally Posted by gary892 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am in need of the manual for the Aristo VCL4500.

If anyone has a printable PDF they are willing to share or has a link to where I can download one I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Gary
    Since this is a thread for Aristo VCL 4500 light head info I thought I'd join in...
    My Zone VI VC 45 head on my Beseler 4x5 enlarger has burned out the green tube. Anyway the green is no longer working. So I'm looking for a replacement head and the Aristo VCL 4500 would probably be my best choice, if I could find one. Anyone have any suggestions. I haven't had any luck trying to locate a replacement green tube for the Zone VI...

Quote Originally Posted by kgneely View Post
    Since this is a thread for Aristo VCL 4500 light head info I thought I'd join in...
    My Zone VI VC 45 head on my Beseler 4x5 enlarger has burned out the green tube. Anyway the green is no longer working. So I'm looking for a replacement head and the Aristo VCL 4500 would probably be my best choice, if I could find one. Anyone have any suggestions. I haven't had any luck trying to locate a replacement green tube for the Zone VI...
    Kgneely,
    The Aristo VCL 4500 I have I recently bought off ebay. They come up every once and a while. I had an alert set and had been watching for over a year. Some units would show up but the bidding got over $600 - $700 and that is too rich for my blood. Mine came up with a buy it now of $300 and I jumped on it.

Set an alert and keep watching.

Good Luck

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Hi, I'm happy to report that replacement lamps are still being manufactured for the Aristo cold light heads including the VCL4500. Go to www.lcdl.com. Click on "Products" in the green menu bar at the top of the page and you will get a left hand menu that lists Aristo. The archives section has the PDF that you are looking for. The replacement lamp section lists all of the lamps they are currently manufacturing. I don't know what lamp Zone VI was using but I bet one of the lamps listed here will fit the bill. If you Google Richard Ritter you can ask him what lamp Zone VI was using as he was one of Fred Picker's right hand men involved in all the product manufacturing and branding at Zone VI Studios. Good Luck.

There was an awesome lady named Loiuse Kessler that worked at Light-Tech and she was remarkably helpful when I was searching for a replacement lamp. I have been using a VCL4500 for about two years and love the thing. Steve Anchell's book, Variable Contrast Printing, was really helpful for calibrating the light head. It really shows you how to nail down the various contrast settings for the different paper grades. For me, in order to get a normal Grade 2 contrast, my variable blue setting was 2.3. You will have to go through the testing yourself as the settings are different for every paper that you use. I have now switched to split grade printing and paper grades are now a thing of the past. Now I only use the green light at full power and the blue light set at 1.5 intensity. I found the blue light at it's full power of 5.1 was giving me incredibly short exposure times hence the need to dial it down. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedd-wyn View Post
    Hi, I'm happy to report that replacement lamps are still being manufactured for the Aristo cold light heads including the VCL4500. Go to www.lcdl.com. Click on "Products" in the green menu bar at the top of the page and you will get a left hand menu that lists Aristo. The archives section has the PDF that you are looking for. The replacement lamp section lists all of the lamps they are currently manufacturing. I don't know what lamp Zone VI was using but I bet one of the lamps listed here will fit the bill. If you Google Richard Ritter you can ask him what lamp Zone VI was using as he was one of Fred Picker's right hand men involved in all the product manufacturing and branding at Zone VI Studios. Good Luck.

There was an awesome lady named Loiuse Kessler that worked at Light-Tech and she was remarkably helpful when I was searching for a replacement lamp. I have been using a VCL4500 for about two years and love the thing. Steve Anchell's book, Variable Contrast Printing, was really helpful for calibrating the light head. It really shows you how to nail down the various contrast settings for the different paper grades. For me, in order to get a normal Grade 2 contrast, my variable blue setting was 2.3. You will have to go through the testing yourself as the settings are different for every paper that you use. I have now switched to split grade printing and paper grades are now a thing of the past. Now I only use the green light at full power and the blue light set at 1.5 intensity. I found the blue light at it's full power of 5.1 was giving me incredibly short exposure times hence the need to dial it down. Hope this helps.

UPDATE Oct.21/2019: To find Aristo replacement lamps you now have to go to www.light-sources.com . In the search box at the top of the page type in Aristo and you will be taken to the Aristo lamp page where you will find a menu on the left hand side for replacement lamps.
    Last edited by Hedd-wyn; 22-Oct-2019 at 08:33. Reason: misspelled URL.