Thread: Correcting For color film "Orange" cast?

Lascassas, TN

Correcting For color film "Orange" cast?

I have DSLR copied some color negatives. Post processing is with PaintShop Pro X9. How do you correct for the “orange” mask of color film?

I am digitizing on some 50+ year old family photo history. Some are only negatives, some are only prints. The coping method works fine for both color and B&W prints and B&W negatives. It is a fun project.

Thanks
    Bill Kumpf

Re: Correcting For color film "Orange" cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kumpf View Post
    I have DSLR copied some color negatives. Post processing is with PaintShop Pro X9. How do you correct for the “orange” mask of color film?

I am digitizing on some 50+ year old family photo history. Some are only negatives, some are only prints. The coping method works fine for both color and B&W prints and B&W negatives. It is a fun project.

Thanks

This is with Photoshop: https://www.iamthejeff.com/post/32/t...ive-film-scans

With PaintShop it should be nearly the same, sure all features used have a very close match with PaintShop.

Just learn the PaintShop automation features to save time, it will be worth.

Regards.

That guide on it's own will result in very average results. I put a post earlier on looking for samples, for some software I am writing. If you have access to dropbox, as a one off I would be happy to invert half a dozen scans, as long as the film stock is identifiable.

Lascassas, TN

Thanks for the offer. I do need to do this in-house. The film is Kodak Instamatic film from the early '60's. Nothing great, just my kids at there grandparents. If you want the images, I will check and see if I see have access he the MTSU drop box.
    Bill Kumpf