Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Fresh dry plates in a variety of sizes

Re: Fresh dry plates in a variety of sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    Randy, can you verify the dimensions when you order? The dimensions that you cut the X-ray film to would be great. I don't have experience with that size so I haven't settled on cut dimensions yet to ensure "one size fits all". Still collecting measurements from people who use them.

-Jason
    I will carefully check all dims, as soon as I find them. I recently moved them to an unknown secure location!

Here is Hasselblad cut film holders data.

I see no room for cut glass plate The pressure plate thickness capacity is only deep enough for film.

One could make it work by modding the holder, but that would destroy it. We save that option when no film is left on earth. Not in my lifetime!

I include pics as these are very rare and expensive. I got mine at KEH for a steal. The Hasselblad cut film set included a film punch which I don't have. I don't need it.

This set is not for sale at any price. I have been PM'd before. Don't.

half DS by moe.randy, on Flickr

Frame Septum by moe.randy, on Flickr

Back rear by moe.randy, on Flickr

back camera side by moe.randy, on Flickr

Randy, can you verify the dimensions when you order? The dimensions that you cut the X-ray film to would be great. I don't have experience with that size so I haven't settled on cut dimensions yet to ensure "one size fits all". Still collecting measurements from people who use them.

-Jason

Randy, thanks for the info. Just to run this to ground completely: Did you order some smaller glass a while back that perhaps you could carefully slip in under the lip? I donít remember if you did or not.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pictoriographica
    .. because my wife is happy when I can cover my photography expenses!

Randy, thanks for the info. Just to run this to ground completely: Did you order some smaller glass a while back that perhaps you could carefully slip in under the lip? I donít remember if you did or not.
    No, I did not. I think if the glass was thin enough it would be too fragile, break, crack and fill cavities in the holder.

Perhaps tempered glass and remove the spring septum, which would be irreversible.

Since I have Mamiya RB camera, lenses and 6X8 cm DDS Mamiya plate holders with removable film sheaths I will try that. The NOS RB glass should equal Hasselblad.

I will move to that format.

For those looking for 4x5 and 8x10 plates, they're pretty scarce for the time being and will be until I get back from travel for my day job in early May.

Blue Moon Camera has a few boxes left in stock (and listed on eBay), so if you need some over the next couple of weeks please ping them.

-Jason
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pictoriographica
    .. because my wife is happy when I can cover my photography expenses!