Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: View Camera magazine back in business?

Re: View Camera magazine back in business?

Quote Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
    He's moved on to selling videos about semi-stand developing.
    I believe there is a confusion of two "Steves" here. Steve Sherman is a photographer and teacher who is posting about semi-stand developing. Steve Simmons is the publisher of View Camera magazine, and still organizes workshops in the South West.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    I believe there is a confusion of two "Steves" here. Steve Sherman is a photographer and teacher who is posting about semi-stand developing. Steve Simmons is the publisher of View Camera magazine, and still organizes workshops in the South West.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Glad we got that cleared up. I was struggling to put my mind around the idea of the other SS selling videos on semi-stand developing with Pyrocat.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post

Sorry about that everyone: I did mean Steve Simmons, the publisher of the now defunct View Camera magazine.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    There are 'companies' that provide magazine subscription services. They get the subscribers list from the magazine and then send direct mail renewal invoices to those subscribers.
    Got another 'renewal notice' in the mail today - for a magazine I have never heard of.

The offer comes in a plain white envelope with the return address "PO Box 1985, San Marcos, CA". The invoice asks that checks be made payable to "PMB Pacific Magazine Billing, LP".

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    Got another 'renewal notice' in the mail today - for a magazine I have never heard of.

The offer comes in a plain white envelope with the return address "PO Box 1985, San Marcos, CA". The invoice asks that checks be made payable to "PMB Pacific Magazine Billing, LP".
    PMB is a scam. Search Google and read their BBB complaints.

As noted above, I have gotten the five most recent issues, all from 2015, all issues I already have.

My wife's mother wanted to do something nice for me at Christmas, and I made appreciative noises. She can well afford the $25-$30 and in her 93 year old world, all is well.

Any further action on my part would just be petty drama. I consider this matter to be closed.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm a subscriber and I loved the magazine.