Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjustable viewfinder for Busch Pressman?

Re: Adjustable viewfinder for Busch Pressman?

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    Linhof makes something like that for 4x5, not particularly expensive for an older one, though undoubtedly the new ones are an arm and a leg or two:
    http://linhof.com/en/optischer-universalsucher/
    It's a parallax-correcting zoom finder for 90-360mm lenses.

On Ebay I often see old ones for in the neighborhood of $150, but without the camera shoe part. Search for "Linhof finder".
    Latest version is for 72 to 400mm. That is the one connected to your link.

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Adjustable viewfinder for Busch Pressman?

On the "auction site" there is a Graflex viewfinder for sale with the mounting shoe for about $25.00. (That auction photo also includes a finder for a B&J Press camera.) I have not connection at all with the seller of the items listed.

The Pressman has an aluminum body rather than the wooden body of the Graflex or Graphic so you will need to drill the three holes in aluminum body to mount the mounting shoe.

Viewfinder mask #3 is the one listed by Graflex for 150mm to 162 lenes on a 4X5 camera. These are very often available on the "auction site."

I had forgotten that in my case I mounted a standard flash shoe on my Pressman and then added a foot to the Graflex viewfinder. That is a whole lot more trouble than simply using the Graflex finder and shoe.