Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
Wouldn’t you be wiser if you directly asked this question to a camera repair shop or lens manufacturer?
Well, I are a camera repair tech, so...
Quote Originally Posted by Rapidrob View Post
I have several shutters of the Copal type from 0 to 1's that are way out of time and hang up due to migrated oil or dust over the decades onto the blades. I have a large ultrasonic cleaner and was wondering if I could place the shutters in a container filled with the appropriate cleaner and set the container in the ultrasound cleaner filled with water. I can also control the temperature as well.
NEVER put ANYTHING against the bottom of an ultrasonic cleaner. Doing so will destroy the cleaner.

Put whatever you want to clean in a hanging basket. That can contain whatever you want.
I usually put large items directly in the basket, and smaller ones in a beaker in the basket.

I normally disassemble a shutter, clean the major individual parts, then put the escapement
in the ultrasonic cleaner for a half hour or so.

Having done so, it must be completely and properly lubricated before returning it to service.
This may require several different lubricants, applied where and as needed.
ALWAYS follow the manufacturer's recommendations regarding lubricant, both type and use.

There are very few points other than the escapement that requite any lubrication.
DO NOT disassemble the escapement.
If you do, we'll find you in a heavy jacket in a rubber room.

NEVER put any lube on the diaphragm or shutter blades or their drives.

- Leigh