Excuse me if this has been discussed before...I looked but didn't see anything.

I found an Anniversary Speed Graphic at a camera store. It was in nice shape generally, and they were upfront with the information that it had "issues" with the shutter curtain, ,but I figured I could use it without the shutter until I fixed it. I needed a tough camera to take out to the beach.
The mechanism actually works quite well, but the shutter curtain material itself was torn down the middle and the metal edging on D was bent. Turns out someone at sometime used a too long screw for the viewfinder at the top of the camera, and when it got to the fast shutter speeds the increased bulk of the fabric butted up against the screw. Thus the damage.
Tried taping it, tried patching and sewing it but to no avail. As soon as I wound it up the D setting would jam and it broke again. I guess my repairs were part of the problem, maybe they made it too thick. The fabric is pretty stressed and I'm thinking it's actually a bit brittle though it is completely light proof still.

First question: is it worth it to continue to try to patch it? If so how could I do it without adding thickness?
Second question: if the answer to the first question is NO, where can I get new shutter curtain material?

Thanks,
Newbie with this LF stuff