A big hello from Austin to everyone at LFPF,
I got ahead of myself and before noticing this introduction section, already posted a question (which some kind people were nice enough to answer for me).
Well I'm here now and figured introducing myself is only the polite thing to do. Like some of you I've been a serious hobbyist for many years, but unlike many of you I'm brand new to large format. While I have experience with both 135 and 120 (and of course the ubiquitous digital) I am completely new to 4x5 and am looking forward to jumping in.
This seems to be the part of the introduction where most people say what their gear is, and for me thats a Calumet CC-400 (which I carefully disassembled painted and reassembled, the deals you can get because of a little dirt and bad paint amaze me) and a Fujinon W 210 5.6 (the one with the writing on the inside of the filter ring) in a Copal No.1(?).
I Develop BW and C41 at home, and am a big advocate for C41 stand development as long as your post workflow is digital.
I also have a website I use to share my photos ( graemebrand.com ), no 4x5's up there yet though!
After a while of lurking (not too long I promise!) I look forward to playing a more active roll in my education on this forum, now that I am a member, and hopefully some day being able to give advice back to this wonderful community.
Thanks for reading,
Graeme