Thread: Linhof 6x9 Super Rollex for 4x5'' Technika, how much is it thick?

Linhof 6x9 Super Rollex for 4x5'' Technika, how much is it thick?

I am designing and building a custom wooden case for my Linhof Technika 4x5'' setup. At present time I own a 6x9 rollfilm holder made by Horseman for standard Graflok backs, which I thought was a cheap and smart alternative to the expensive Linhof Super Rollex. However, I would like to design my case so that the Linhof Rollex will fit, should I happen to buy one in the future.

Can someone please measure how "thick" it is, from the flat plane where the film is exposed, up to the "hump" of its back? Of course I don't need exact specifications, a measure rounded up to the excess half centimeter would be all right.

Thank you very much! (Picture below is courtesy of the internet, just to show the item which size I am asking about).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	172374
    Last edited by Marco Gilardetti; 28-Nov-2017 at 05:41.

Re: Linhof 6x9 Super Rollex for 4x5'' Technika, how much is it thick?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti View Post
    I am designing and building a custom wooden case for my Linhof Technika 4x5'' setup. At present time I own a 6x9 rollfilm adapter made by Horseman for standard Graflok backs, which I thought was a cheap and smart alternative to the expensive Linhof Super Rollex. However, I would like to design my case so that the Linhof Rollex will fit, should I happen to buy one in the future.

Can someone please measure how "thick" it is, from the flat plane where the film is exposed, up to the "hump" of its back? Of course I don't need exact specifications, a measure rounded up to the excess half centimeter would be all right.

Thank you very much! (Picture below is courtesy of the internet, just to show what I have in mind).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	172374
    If you have a 45 modern Linhof then that camera already has a Graflok back and there is no use for an adapter.
    If you own a 69 Linhof Technika then that camera does not have a Graflok back but by adding an adapter you would probably need to have a service center reset the gg for it to work properly with the adapter and a roll back.

Marco, I b'lieve the Horseman and Super Rollex are nearly identical. I don't have a Horseman roll holder and my calipers' jaws aren't long enough to reach to the center (that badge) of my Super Rollex. I estimate it is 50 mm thick, baseplate to badge.

Thank you very much, that's more than sufficient!