Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lines on the side of the holder flap.

Re: Lines on the side of the holder flap.

If yours happens on the expert, then its not the form the Jobo, as I use the regular Jobo, Then it must be from the holder, thats if yours is also exact same location.

the only thing I can think of is that this line lines up with the notches where the film is loaded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loading-Sheet-Film-Holders-Tutorial-07.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	172440

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    The loading flaps only need the tape hinge to hold them on the holder; when the flap is closed, there should be no light leaks whether there is tape there or not. The flap itself should block all light.

Doremus
    You are exactly right. its the only logical explanation. The line is on the film, both BW and transparencies, which means its not my Jobo. The V groove absorbs light from the shiny film, and bounces it back at 45 degrees onto he film again. I have to now sand them. what grit sand paper did you use?

again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gmed View Post
    You are exactly right. its the only logical explanation. The line is on the film, both BW and transparencies, which means its not my Jobo. The V groove absorbs light from the shiny film, and bounces it back at 45 degrees onto he film again. I have to now sand them. what grit sand paper did you use? again, thank you
    I just used a bit of 380 grit wet/dry sandpaper I had lying around. The object is to just knock the sheen off the beveled edges of the filmholder.
    It's not very invasive; give it a try and see if it solves your problem (low-hanging fruit and all that). I think what happens is that non-image-forming light gets reflected from the beveled edge of the holder onto the film making a line of denser exposure. It is somewhat subject-related and if there is a very bright area at the right place in the image, the line can be quite pronounced.

Best,

Doremus

I actually have a homemade printing easel that had the same problem. I had painted the printing frame's inside edges with a "flat" black which was not flat enough...and my solution was to reduce the thickness of these edges down to almost nothing. But Doremus...what a great idea!