Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Replacement 8x10 darkslides

Re: Replacement 8x10 darkslides

Randy,
    Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I get a lot of email. Mine aren't painted, just shiny metal. Considering their application, they are no where near the film during exposure, so reflection shouldn't be a factor. I see no point in painting them beyond esthetics and to minimize tarnishing. So many are black because of the material they're made from. Good luck with your project!
    Chas

Quote Originally Posted by docw View Post
    Any movement on this? I would love to be able to make some dark slide replacements.
    I have had a number of interactions with the Intrepid Camera Company as I feel that they are the optimal resource for Fidelity / Lisco dark slide replacements. It is very clear to me that 1) they have the optimal material and 2) they have the capability to execute as it is in their wheel house.

Here is the challenge for the independent individuals that want to go down this road themselves. Finding the correct dark slide material is both challenging and costly. Been there and done that. Being in a position where one can purchase a quantity of the optimal dark slide material is the key that unlocks the options to the objective here and Intrepid has solved this challenge. I believe that when Intrepid Camera Company gets ahead of their internal requirements they will be able to cut replacement dark slides for 8x10 film holders. I am willing to be patient because they are enterprising people that are doing great things to promote 8x10 and 4x5 photography.

Anybody check Fidelity DS size to the known Intrepid production size...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Anybody check Fidelity DS size to the known Intrepid production size...
    Have not gone to that degree of query since Intrepid claimed their current inability to take on this task was inhibited due to internal time line goals. When Intrepid Camera gets out of their back logged condition, I expect this dialog as per your question will in fact take place. They are committed to improving 8x10 photography and should rise to the occasion when it works. I am deciding to be patient rather than trying to go down this road independently.