Thread: ? Adobe Lightroom Classic or CC

? Adobe Lightroom Classic or CC

I am about to renew my Adobe contract.

I see we now have 2 Lightrooms, Classic (6) or CC. Below is a link to a good dissection.

https://photographylife.com/lightroo...s-lightroom-cc

What say ye?

Re: ? Adobe Lightroom Classic or CC

I would either buy the current version of Lightroom 6 or subscribe to "Lightroom Classic CC". I would not subscribe to the new "Lightroom CC" which has disabled features otherwise available and requires that you store you images in Adobe's cloud and not on your hard drive.

I use both on my mobile devices and laptop. LR Classic CC is better compared to the mobile LR CC if a laptop is available. LR Classic CC is easier when processing multiple photos. I processed 40 photos last night on my laptop with Classic CC that I would not like to do with LR CC. FWIW I prefer mobile LR CC to Snapseed, and it processes RAW files on a mobile device.

I'm betting that LR Classic will eventually be dropped in favor of the cloud based apps. At that time, if Adobe doesn't restructure their storage offerings--10GB with the Photography Plan is pitiful--I'll be looking toward other solutions.

Hi, I'm using Lightroom CC, main different on them both is that CC contain adobe cloud. It's comfortable when you upload 700 photos of wedding - for instance. But as said upper Classic is easier when processing multiple photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I am about to renew my Adobe contract.

I see we now have 2 Lightrooms, Classic (6) or CC. Below is a link to a good dissection.

https://photographylife.com/lightroo...s-lightroom-cc

What say ye?
    Let me say my experience, I abandoned Lr in favor of Ps. I'm very happy with the move, I was thinking that Ps was too complicated but then I read this book in some 8 hours http://ghswhite.weebly.com/uploads/1...0071605223.pdf

Then moved from CS4 to CS6.

Working with layers and masks is a great leap forward !!

For example I use one layer for darkening some areas and another layer to overexpose other areas. Then I can mix those layers to find best point. A bit like dodging/burning combined with split grade darkroom printing, not to be digitally intrusive, but to materialize a visualization.

So now I use CS6 Photoshop and Camera Raw, and I'm amazed about the control I got after some 8h following a book.

Now I use Ps to make mask for the darkroom printing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Let me say my experience, I abandoned Lr in favor of Ps. I'm very happy with the move, I was thinking that Ps was too complicated but then I read this book in some 8 hours http://ghswhite.weebly.com/uploads/1...0071605223.pdf

Then moved from CS4 to CS6.

Working with layers and masks is a great leap forward !!

For example I use one layer for darkening some areas and another layer to overexpose other areas. Then I can mix those layers to find best point. A bit like dodging/burning combined with split grade darkroom printing, not to be digitally intrusive, but to materialize a visualization.

So now I use CS6 Photoshop and Camera Raw, and I'm amazed about the control I got after some 8h following a book.

Now I use Ps to make mask for the darkroom printing...
    I have been using PS since version 4, codename 'Big Electric Cat', 1996. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_...on_history#4.0

Doesn't make me a PS expert, but it sure keeps getting better and way easier. Macro Actions were a revelation.

I don't like Classic LR at all. I will try LR CC.